Frequently Asked Question
Starting Monday, March 22nd, the following changes to our COVID-19 policies will be in effect. Please familiarize yourself with our updated policies and communicate the new requirements to your clients as necessary. Attached are the new set of protocols and required forms. All of these new protocols and forms can be referenced at any time on our online Provider Portal or on our website.
What has changed?
- Changes to Health Screening Policy: Modus is no longer requiring clients to complete a health screening prior to their ride. However, we are still asking clients and drivers to conduct a Medical Self-Assessment 2-3 hours prior to their ride.
- Changes to scheduling a ride request: We are no longer requiring that ride requests be submitted 48 hours in advance. Instead, we are requiring that all ride requests and client enrollment tickets be submitted by no later than 5:00 PM, the weekday before the ride is needed.
- Changes to our 2 clients/per vehicle Policy: We are now allowing up to four (4) clients per vehicle. As always, all passengers must be included in the ride request and be enrolled with Modus prior to their ride. Additionally, passengers are to sit in the backseat of the vehicle when possible.
- Changes to Car Seat Policy: Clients are now allowed to bring their own child safety seats, if they prefer. Modus also has car seats available on a "first come, first serve" basis. If your client is bringing a car seat or if they need us to provide a car seat, be sure to indicate this in the ride request.
What protocols are still in place?
- Face coverings: All passengers over the age of four (4) must be wearing a face covering prior to entering the vehicle.
- Medical Self-Assessment Policy: All drivers and passengers are required to conduct a Medical Self-Assessment prior to their ride. We suggest conducting the assessment 2-3 hours before the ride is to occur.
- If a client is showing signs of any illness, they should contact Modus as far in advance as possible to cancel their ride. If the client exhibits symptoms before or during their ride, the driver may ask the client to take their temperature with thermometer strips provided by the driver.
- If a client has a fever of 100 or higher, they cannot ride with Modus for 72 hours after their fever has dropped.
- Driver sanitation protocols: Modus drivers will continue to sanitize their vehicles before and after every ride. If a client uses one of Modus' car seats, then our staff will disinfect the car seat before and after each use.
Modus management will continue to monitor the situation as it develops and will notify you if any changes are made. With your help, we are confident in our ability to provide reliable transportation for your agency while keeping everyone in the vehicle safe. Please contact our office if you have any questions. Currently, our office staff is available Monday-Friday, from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, and can be reached at (918) 280-9563.